E-Commerce may be best in a state like Delaware since it has no sales tax (much like the VAT), which is important for an e-commerce business. However, if you go with a C-Corp you may have a C-Corp tax assessed if you have a physical presence or a substantial activity in Delaware crucial to your business. This C-Corp tax is assessed at a rate of 8.7% In addition Delaware has a franchise tax which is approximately $350 per year.
Nevada has no C-Corp income tax but does have a gross receipts tax and this figure builds up quickly. In addition the state of Nevada has a sales tax as well as an annual Franchise tax, which amounts to several hundred dollars per year.
Wyoming has a franchise tax of $50 payable annually and a sales tax, but depending on the nature and method of operation it will be assessed only to individuals living in Wyoming which accounts to about 500,000 people in a nation of 350 million. In addition Wyoming has no corporate income tax or gross receipts tax.
My recommendation is Wyoming.
All three states offer anonymity and keep owners info private. Your may obstacle is the bank account formation and other operational aspects, such as where you will ship the goods, who will receive them, customs and duties. These aspects do not have one single answer so I do welcome you to reach to my firm and schedule a free consultation. We help with business set-up, registered agent services, banking resolutions and other crucial aspects with business formation.
foreigners are often recommended to form a C-Corp, there are some distinct advantages to incorporating as an LLC
LLCs are also free from the strict recordkeeping necessary for C and S-Corps, and have almost no restrictions on profit sharing between members
the closest thing the US offers to a “start-up visa”) is the E-2 visa
the process for registering my company?
Delaware’s process is a good model for the basic steps and requirements:
- You will need to choose a unique name that has not been previously registered in the United States. The US Patent and Trademark Office has a trademark database you can search.
- You or a named company agent must be available to receive the company’s legal documents.
- Once your name and agent are established, you will fill out a certificate of incorporation. This document outlines the company’s name, the address of you or your company’s agent, the value of authorized shares, and the name and legal address of the incorporator. The fee for filing the certificate of incorporation starts at $89 and increases based on the amount of stock issued or raised capital.
- Next, you’ll file an incorporation report and pay your franchise tax.
- Finally, you must obtain an employer identification number, or EIN. The EIN will allow you to hire employees, open a bank account, pay taxes, and obtain whatever licenses you need. You can apply for an EIN online for free with the IRS. However, you or the company’s principal officer must have already obtained a Taxpayer Identification Number. If neither of you have, you can still get an EIN- but you’ll need to apply by mail or fax